Demonstrating Value and Outcomes
With support from the Federal Office of Rural Health Policy (FORHP), The National Rural Health Resource Center will be coordinating two identical regional workshops on the topic of program evaluation. The event will be offered in two different locations in July 2014 and August 2014 and is intended to build upon the knowledge and skills introduced at the pre-conference event held prior to the July 2013 National Conference of State Flex Programs.
Learning objectives for the workshops include:
- Understand the need for program evaluation, what evaluation can provide and what happens when you do not evaluate
- Explore the critical components of program evaluation in terms of outcomes
- Present outcome tracking methods including the Recommendation Adoption Progress (RAP), Return on Community Investment (ROCI) analysis, Logic Model, and Balanced Scorecard including successful models from Center staff, grantees and the Flex Monitoring Team
- Demonstrate skill-building activities regarding evaluation frameworks, project management, assessment methods and recommendation adoption
Locations and dates:
- Wednesday and Thursday, August 6 (1:30 p.m. - 5 p.m.) - August 7 (8:00 a.m. - Noon), 2014: A two half-day training held at Hotel Indigo, Nashville, Tennessee.
Who should participate?
- State Offices of Rural Health
- Flex Coordinators
- SHIP Coordinators