Framing Rural Health Value
The Framing Rural Health Value webinar series is in place of past in-person National Flex conferences and aims to assist State Flex Programs with designing and maintaining responsive technical assistance and education for critical access hospitals (CAHs) in the emerging value-based health care system. Through panel presentations, cohort conversations and case study review, State Flex Program participants will:
- Explore how the core areas of the Flex Program can be supported by performance frameworks in the emerging value-based health care system
- Discover CAH and State Flex Program examples of Flex-supported activities in alignment with performance excellence frameworks
- Understand Flex Program supportive interventions for financially distressed CAHs on the verge of closure
- Expand the awareness and use of resources targeted to support State Flex Programs and their CAH
Webinar Series Details
The webinar series will periodically occur from May 14 through August 11, 2014 with a sequential curriculum focusing on strengthening the understanding and application of a performance excellence framework to support both CAHs and State Flex Programs. The performance excellence framework ensures a comprehensive and holistic approach to sustaining and improving the performance of CAHs in clinical, quality, finances, operations and customer service. This framework is not recommended as a one-size-fits-all concept or as sequential steps that need to be followed in an exact order. It is flexible; the use of such a comprehensive framework allows both CAHs and State Flex Programs to maximize and document success in the changing health care environment.
The webinar series will include 7 plenary webinars, 3 cohort webinars and 3 applied exercises for each participant.
Who Should Participate
- State Flex Program Coordinators, State Office Directors or those directly involved with State Flex Program work.
- Each state will register for only one phone line for each of the plenary webinars and participate in the same group for each of their 3 cohort conversations.
- If a state would like to have more than one person participating, please join on the same phone line.
For more information about this event, please contact:
(218) 727-9390, ext. 228