2019-20 SRHT Selected Hospitals LC: Strategy Map Development
The Learning Collaborative (LC) for SRHT Selected Hospitals consists of four webinars from March 2020-August 2020. Leadership teams of selected hospitals should reserve the following dates and prepare to participate in the activities.
- Selected Hospitals LC1: March 12, 2020
- Selected Hospitals LC2: May 14, 2020
- Selected Hospitals LC3: July 16, 2020
- Selected Hospitals LC4: August 13, 2020
Key objectives for the 2nd LC session:
- Prepare teams to finalize their Strategy Maps
- Provide teams with a greater understanding of system approach to planning and successes to operationalizing key transition strategies
- Prepare teams to initiate BSC development
- Introductions and hospital roll call
- Importance of demonstrating the value of the hospital
- Tailor your Strategy Map to demonstrate value
- Overview of Performance Excellence Framework
- Operationalizing key transition strategies
- Use Strategy Map to executive and implement strategic plan
Preparation for LC3:
- Before the next LC, hospitals should:
- Review the Rural Hospital Transition To Value Strategy Check List to ensure key strategies are considered. Refer to the Summit Guide pages 14 – 15.
- Consider at least one key strategy per Performance Excellence (PE) Blueprint category to ensure that the planning process represents a systematic approach. Refer to page 16 in the Summit Guide.
To prepare for BSC development, hospital teams should:
- Download the Balanced Scorecard Template and follow the outline in the Summit Guide on pages 21 - 22 to initiate development
- Review the BSC example in the Summit Guide (refer to pages 24 – 39)
- Be prepared to discuss in LC3: Name what you think are the top four strategic themes that your hospital could use to link your mission to your strategic plan.
The Summit was held to provide leaders with templates that improve organizational planning, strengthen actionable steps and operationalize key strategies to effectively transition to value.