This learning collaborative series will feature in-depth discussions and practice opportunities related to workforce development and leadership for State Flex Programs. The aim of the learning collaborative is to enhance your state Flex Program’s ability to recognize, develop and implement leadership fundamentals.
The 5-part series is built around the Staff Sustainability Guide, a framework for improving health care workforce engagement and retention, thereby promoting hospital and clinic longevity, and ultimately strengthening community and population health as a result.
Session dates and times are as follows:
- Wednesday, May 3, 2023, 1:00-3:00pm CST
- Wednesday, May 10, 2023, 1:00-3:00pm CST
- Wednesday, May 24, 2023, 1:00-3:00pm CST
- Wednesday, May 31, 2023, 1:00-3:00pm CST
- Week of June 5th – 1-1 Calls with Shannon (optional)
- Tuesday, June 13, 2023, 1:00-3:00pm CST
By participating in the Learning Collaborative, participants will be able to:
- Increase understanding of the role that leadership plays in employee engagement, workforce retention, and sustainability – and the impact that all of these have on hospital finance, quality, and community and population health;
- Apply principles from the Staff Sustainability Cycle in Flex Coordinators’ work with rural hospitals and clinics in their state;
- Build confidence in their ability to educate and influence hospital and clinic leaders and their organizations’ workforce and leadership practices;
- Use data (qualitative and/or quantitative) to identify the top-priority leadership development needs of hospitals in their state – and begin to develop strategies to address these needs.
Participation is limited to allow for conversation and practice activities. If your state Flex Program has a staff member interested in participating in the Developing Leadership Learning Collaborative, please fill out the Strategic Planning Learning Collaborative Application by April 11th. Please limit the application to one member per state Flex Program.
For more information, please contact: Caroline Bell at firstname.lastname@example.org