Revenue Cycle Crisis Management: Coronavirus (COVID-19)
As the healthcare industry gears up to face the COVID 19 crisis, hospitals must ensure that their revenue cycle is up to the challenge. The incorporation of remote staffing, volume variability, payor mix changes, and cash flow interruptions have the potential to challenge the financial viability of every organization. The revenue cycle must be primed to provide timely, consistent information to allow leadership to manage and anticipate cash flow and customer concerns. This webinar will detail the importance of establishing daily revenue cycle dashboard reports, provide detailed coding guidance, illustrate best practices for remote staff management and discuss strategies for successfully billing and coding telehealth services. The goal of this presentation is to ensure that the revenue cycle supports and enhances the clinical support each hospital provides its patients and community.
- John Behn, MPA, President, Stroudwater Revenue Cycle Solutions
- Laurie Daigle, CPC, Senior Consultant, Stroudwater Revenue Cycle Solutions
- Lori Beaudry, CCS-P, Vice President, Clinical Financial Resources, Inc.
Learning objectives: At the conclusion of this webinar participants will be able to:
- Implement internal revenue cycle management controls
- Detail the importance of a Revenue Cycle Steering Committee
- Understand outpatient and inpatient coding best practices for COVID-19
- Review the role and revenue cycle components of telehealth
- Implement controls to manage business office practices
- Understand strategies to manage remote staff