Network Development Collaborating for Impact Workshop
Networks are responsible for developing innovative ideas to address challenges facing the rural health care system. True innovation comes only through a collaborative process where many voices and perspectives are at the table. As anyone working in a network knows, collaboration can be a real challenge when group members have different priorities, agendas and levels of interest. It takes a specialized set of skills to lead a diverse group along the path to a common solution.
During this workshop, we’ll explore some of the factors that contribute to and get in the way of collaboration. You’ll have a chance to assess the strengths of your own network’s collaborative relationships and build your collaborative leadership skills. Best of all, you’ll have the opportunity to meet other network leaders facing many of the same challenges, ask questions of each other and share best practices.
- Explore the factors that encourage and inhibit collaboration
- Assess the level of collaboration among your network members
- Develop skills and strategies for strengthening collaboration with current partners
- Identify potential new collaborative partnerships that may benefit your network
- A clear understanding of the relationships that exist among your network members
- A plan for strengthening existing collaborative relationships and creating new relationships within and outside your network
- Increased relationship building skills
- New connections with network leaders across the country who can support you in your collaborative efforts
Subject Matter Expert, Dr. Danielle M. Varda will be joining us for this two-day workshop. Dr. Varda will provide an overview of validated methods for mapping existing network connections and will help participants visualize the collaborative relationships that currently exist in their networks. This process will serve as the basis for identifying opportunities for strengthening or building new collaborative connections.
The Network TA Team encourages participation from Network Directors, Project Coordinators/Managers/Directors and other Network staff responsible for building relationships within and outside the network.
This event is open to the July 2017 cohort of Rural Health Network Development Program grantees. Event connection details have been sent to eligible networks. For more information, please contact the Network TA Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.