How to Prepare for Value-based Models and Population Health
- Angie Charlet, RN, BSN, MHA, , Illinois Critical Access Hospital Network (ICAHN)
- Tim Putnam, DHA, MBA, FACHE, President/CEO, Margaret Mary Health Community Hospital
Facilitator: Terry Hill, MPA, Executive Director, Rural Health Innovations (RHI), Duluth, MN
Hear the most compelling reasons for rural hospitals to adopt value-based models and population health strategies.
- What are the most compelling reasons for rural hospitals to adopt value-based models and population health? (Includes ACOs, CCOs, CMMI funded initiatives)
- What are the reasons for rural hospitals to be cautious moving into this?
- Talk about your best three (or five) tips concerning:
- Quality, leadership, care coordination
- What new skills and education will be required?
- What challenges will you have in terms of the community?
- Why is patient data important?
- Type of partnerships within your community?
- Any final recommendations or lessons learned