Pre-RSV Workshop: Building our Resilience Muscles
The 2021 Federal Office of Rural Health Policy Flex Program Virtual Reverse Site Visit (RSV) will be July 20, 2021 – July 22, 2021, and the theme for this year’s event is Rural Resilience for Healthier Communities. As part of this theme, the Technical Assistance and Services Center (TASC) will be hosting a pre-RSV workshop on resiliency for state Flex Program staff.
What do we mean by resilient? And what does a resiliency workshop look like?
Being resilient means the ability to bounce back from life’s challenges. Sometimes a little inspiration on how to strengthen that ability can give us just the nudge we need. What does self-management and perseverance look like for you these days? Join us for this two-hour workshop to continue to “build your resilience muscle” by nurturing new habits, sharpening your focus, and creating connections with others.
At the conclusion of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Apply best practices in building resiliency and incorporate them into their daily routines as they work with their state’s critical access hospitals (CAHs).
- Practice powerful self-coaching questions to redirect thinking (about stress, all-or-nothing thinking, overwhelm, perfectionism, etc.) with fellow Flex Coordinators.
- Use self-awareness to identify how their own resiliency impacts the CAHs they work with and the communities they serve.
The workshop will include group discussions and breakout groups to demonstrate practices and share tips that participants can use immediately to build resilience and positively impact those they lead.
Facilitator: The workshop will be led by Jo Anne Preston, Workforce and Organizational Development Senior Manager at the Rural Wisconsin Health Cooperative. Jo Anne brings over decades of her health care leadership experience to designing and delivering leadership and employee education for rural healthcare throughout Wisconsin and the U.S.
Dates: The session will be offered twice:
- July 12th, 2021 from 1:00 – 3:00 p.m. Central Time or
- July 13th, 2021 from 1:00 – 3:00 p.m. Central Time
Registration: Registration is separate from the RSV registration. Please reach out to Andy Naslund at firstname.lastname@example.org to register.