Celebrating Rural Innovation for National Rural Health Day
The National Rural Health Resource Center (The Center) joins the National Organization of State Offices of Rural Health (NOSORH) in celebrating National Rural Health Day. National Rural Health Day showcases rural America by increasing awareness of rural health-related issues and promotes solutions that address them.
Sally Buck, CEO at The Center stated, "We have seen the power of rural through the innovative projects by health networks and small hospitals as they improve access and health outcomes through performance improvement in quality, finance, operations and health system delivery. There are many organizations across the country leading the way towards value-based payment and care with an emphasis on quality and outcomes."
Through partnerships with SORHs, networks and state Rural Hospital Flexibility (Flex) Programs, The Center supports rural communities and their health care providers with services, information and resources to increase collaboration, improve quality reporting and improvement, recruit health professionals and support access to care by stabilizing hospital operations and finances through technical assistance, education and funding.
"We see that our vision of collaborating and innovating to improve the health of rural communities is happening throughout the country," Sally said, "And strongly demonstrates the power of rural."
The Center has pulled together hospital and network spotlights from the past year to recognize the work that is being done and the positive impact it is having.
- Avera Holy Family Hospital, Estherville, Iowa
- Carondelet Holy Cross Hospital, Nogalez, Arizona
- Hansford County Hospital, Spearman, Texas
- Tillamook Regional Medical Center, Tillamook, Oregon
- Coteau des Prairies Health System, Sisseton, South Dakota
- Delta Memorial Hospital, Dumas, Arkansas
- Madison County Memorial Hospital, Madison, Florida
- Magnolia Regional Medical Center, Magnolia Arkansas
- Medical Center Barbour, Eufaula, Alabama
- Monroe County Hospital, Monroeville, Alabama
- Russell County Hospital, Russell Springs, Kentucky
- Affiliated Service Providers of Indiana (ASPIN), Indianapolis, Indiana
- Appalachian Kentucky Health Care Access Network, Mt. Sterling, Kentucky
- Arizona Rural Women's Health Network, Phoenix, Arizona
- Foothills Health Network, Polk County, North Carolina
- Illinois Telehealth Network (ITN), Litchfield, Illinois
- Indiana Rural Workforce Innovation Network (IRWIN), Terre Haute, Indiana
- North Dakota CAH Quality Network, Grand Forks, North Dakota
- Northeast Oregon Network (NEON), La Grande, Oregon
- Northwest Rural Health Network, Spokane, Washington
- Rural Health Network of Oklahoma, Hugo, Oklahoma
- Southeast Texas Health System (SETHS), Weimar, Texas