Getting Ready for an Upcoming Grant Opportunity: The Rural Communities Opioid Response
The Federal Office of Rural Health Policy (FORHP) announced an upcoming funding opportunity; The Rural Communities Opioid Response. The National Rural Health Resource Center (The Center) and Rural Health Innovations (RHI) support networks, collaboratives and consortiums in preparing for the notice of funding opportunity (NOFO). The competitive grant application is expected in June 2018. This new program provides an opportunity for 75 communities to develop implementation plans for opioid use disorder prevention, treatment and recovery interventions. The overall goal is to reduce opioid overdoses among rural populations.
The Center and RHI recommend the following resources and encourage an early start to develop your partnerships and prepare to apply for Federal grants.
- Developing robust and effective networks - Network Aim for Sustainability Portal
- Care management and coordination models
- Integrating behavioral health toolkits
- Rural health networks and collaboration toolkits
- Federal Grant Writing Manual
- Substance Use Disorder Topic Collection
- Prepare to apply for a federal grant
The Center and RHI also help with developing networks and rural projects. Our vision is to collaborate and innovate to improve the health of rural communities. Planning, evaluation and community assessment services are detailed here.