Apply for a Practitioner Waiver to Prescribe or Dispense Buprenorphine

Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA)

To receive a waiver to practice opioid dependency treatment with approved buprenorphine medications, a practitioner must notify the SAMHSA Center for Substance Abuse Treatment (CSAT) of their intent to practice this form of medication-assisted treatment (MAT). The notification of intent must be submitted to CSAT before the initial dispensing or prescribing of opioid treatment. Go to the SAMHSA website to apply for a practitioner waiver to prescribe or dispense buprenorphine under the Drug Addiction Treatment Act of 2000 (DATA 2000).