The Evolution of Remote Technology in Health Care
Remote technologies in health care, including tele-medicine, remote patient monitoring, home health monitoring, and distance learning have evolved over the past several years, aided by the rapid advancement of smart phones and high-speed internet. In this cohort call, we will share our experiences and plans for using remote technologies as well as some of the challenges and solutions that each of us have discovered. We will also discuss how remote technology and “the internet of things” could impact the health of our patients.
Grantees should come prepared to share:
- How your network is using remote technology (i.e. telehealth, video conferencing, distance learning, remote patient monitoring, etc.)
- How you anticipate using remote technology in the future
- Gain insight into current remote technology trends
- Learn how fellow grantees are utilizing remote technology
- Discuss financial and technical barriers and solutions
- Explore future uses for remote technology
These events are open to the July 2017 cohort of Rural Health Network Development Program grantees. Event connection details will be sent to eligible networks. For more information, please contact the Network Team at .