Behind the Scenes with Strategic Planning, Part 1
Duration: 59 min
Strategic planning provides a focus for a network and a process to discern the key areas to work on, creating paths that will move a network toward its vision and fulfill its purpose. Meaningful strategic paths enable effective change by considering what actions are necessary in order to achieve the organization’s vision.
In this webinar, the presenters describe how the product of strategic planning sets the stage for change and provide tips for effective strategic planning. This presentation and discussion can support Network Development grantees in developing strategic plans for their grant projects.
The accompanying Strategic Planning Toolkit now reflects minor updates as of October 2017. The Strategic Planning Guide and the Strategic Planning Template are available to download in either PDF or Word document formats. The PDF versions are fully accessible according to Section 508 standards.
For a deeper dive into the Strategic Planning Toolkit, please see the second webinar in this series, Behind the Scenes with Strategic Planning, Part 2.
- Understand the role of strategic planning in setting the stage for effective change
- Identify how to take advantage of the dynamic and iterative strategic planning cycle to progressively move toward your vision
- Explore effective strategic plan approaches and methods
- Kap Wilkes, Rural Health Innovations
- Debra Laine, Rural Health Innovations
This presentation walks through a strategic planning toolkit to support rural health networks in developing an effective and dynamic strategic plan.