Becoming a Successful Preceptor: The Importance of Preceptor Training
Preceptors play an important role in the education of health care professionals, as they allow students to fully prepare for employment through real-world experiences. Although preceptor models may vary among different health care professions, the need for preceptors to be prepared for their role is critical. In this peer group call, you'll discover strategies to ensure that the preceptor experience is positive for the clinician, students and future employers.
- Learn about preceptor disconnects and why preceptor training is important
- Understand how preceptor training curriculum was developed and who should be involved
- Explore preceptor training modules via Google Classroom
- Consider various preceptor recruitment strategies
- Identify benefits of being a preceptor and/or training site