Hospitals should be able to meet and complete the below requirements in order to participate in a SRHT consultation project.
- Selected hospitals must be willing and able to participate in all phases of the SRHT Project to include the Kick-off Webinar, as well as Learning Collaborative (LC) virtual meetings. Selected hospitals should reserve dates and prepare their teams for participation in SRHT activities.
- The CEO will serve as the project lead, facilitating the onsite consultations with the consultant. As the project lead, the CEO must be actively involved and fully engaged in all aspects of the project. The CEO may not designate any other person to fulfill this participation requirement. Additional requirements include the following:
- Indicating congruence between the hospital’s performance needs and SRHT available services.
- Obligating and committing necessary time to support the project to include adequate time with the executive and management teams and appropriate hospital staff.
- Building support for the project with the Board of Directors and hospital and medical staff.
- Utilizing recommended resources to prepare management team and hospital staff for onsite consultation.
- Scheduling and holding the mutually agreed upon dates for onsite consultations. Once secured, onsite dates may not be rescheduled.
- Developing best practice recommendations with the consultant that support process improvement that sustain gains post-project.
- Developing action plan with the consultant, executive and management teams to implement consultant’s best practice recommendations.
- Identifying and developing strategies with consultant that support the hospital in moving towards the adoption of new payment and care delivery models of the future.
- Finalizing the final report with the consultant and RHI staff
- Providing project outcome data resulting from the consultation with RHI staff in post-project follow up assessment.
- Sharing successes and lessons learned with peer hospitals.
- Preparing the hospital for the new healthcare environment
- The hospital should not have any pending projects or anticipated issues that would hinder the consultation process to include, but not limited to, the following examples:
- If the hospital is affiliated with a system, then the system must support the hospital project by providing all necessary data to complete and submit the data request, which may include audited financial reports, within the SRHT timeline.
- If the hospital is currently working on a large project such as a HIT deployment, then executive team must ensure that management and staff time has been appropriately committed to fully support the SRHT project activities.