Dear Flex Coordinators,
It’s hard to believe that we are already at the end of February! Thank you all for your diligent efforts in getting in your Federal Financial Report (FFR) and Carryover Requests on time. There are a few program updates to share.
The Flex Non-Competing Continuation (NCC) Progress Report will be released March 24, 2021, and due back to the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) on May 14, 2021. There will be an NCC Technical Assistance Webinar on March 25, 2021, at 2:00 p.m. Central Time.
- The report will be consistent with last year, a streamlined version, which will request updates on any major changes/challenges in the current Fiscal Year (FY) 2020 and future FY 2021 year. It will focus on planning for Year 3 of the program.
- Release Program Area Logic Models to assist in Year 3 planning and program evaluation efforts.
- Discuss the Flex Quality Improvement Project.
- Medicare Beneficiary Quality Improvement Project (MBQIP) participation is not required for Year 3 of the Program.
- Focus on Quality Improvement initiatives with enhanced technical assistance from all Flex partners (Flex Monitoring Team (FMT), RQITA, Technical Assistance and Services Center (TASC)).
- States will form “Innovation Labs” for common measure selections to promote peer learning and quality coaches.
We are already in the planning stage for the Annual Flex Reverse Site Visit, I encourage you all to think about submitting a proposal for a breakout session. I know you all have been flexible and innovative during the COVID-19 pandemic, and your peers could learn from your lessons learned and successes.