Dear Flex Coordinators,
I don’t know if there is a word yet to describe what we have gone through in 2020. I remain hopeful for 2021 with vaccines on the way. As the Flex Project Officer team reviews your Fiscal Year (FY) 2019 End of Year Reports, we are so impressed with all that you have accomplished in the midst of a program year unlike any other.
Here are some important deadlines for 2021:
- January 30, 2021: FY 2019 Flex Annual Federal Financial Report (FFR)
- As of October 1st, there have been some changes made to the FFR submission process. Details on the change can be found here.
- Note, you must use the FFR Remarks Section to express your intent to carryover funds. If you intend to carryover funds and do not make a note in this section, you will be required to resubmit your FFR.
- For any program that submitted a No Cost Extension for leftover H54 funds, you will have to submit 2 FFRs, one for your FY 2019 U2W award and one for the No Cost Extension H54 award.
- March 1, 2021: Prior Approval Carryover Request
- If you have an Unobligated Balance (UOB) for your U2W award, you have the option to carry over those funds to your current budget period, to be spent by August 31, 2021.
- Please discuss your plan to utilize your carryover with your Project Officer.
- You can then submit a Prior Approval – Carryover Request in the Electronic Handbook (EHB). Please see this helpful video about the carryover request process.
- March 24, 2021: FY 2021 Non-Competing Continuation (NCC) Progress Report available
- March 25, 2021, at 2:00 p.m. Central Time there will be an NCC technical assistance webinar.
- The NCC report will be due in EHB on May 14, 2021.
The Federal Office of Rural Health Policy (FORHP), within the Health Resources & Services Administration (HRSA), is pleased to announce a new website dedicated to the pilot grant program Rural Maternal and Obstetric Management Strategies (RMOMS). Introduced in 2019, RMOMS seeks to improve maternity care in rural communities by building networks to coordinate care, leveraging telehealth, collecting data, and improving financial sustainability. The website lists the three rural networks funded last year and provides a fact sheet with more detailed information on their activities.
Have a healthy and safe holiday season,