This Telehealth 101 webinar was the first of a series focused on rural telehealth topics. This event was supported by the Federal Office of Rural Health Policy (FORHP) and coordinated by the Technical Assistance and Services Center (TASC), a program of the National Rural Health Resource Center.
Matt McCullough, Nicki Perisho, and Jaleen Johnson, Northwest Regional Telehealth Resource Center (NRTRC)
Following the webinar, participants were able to:
- Describe basic telehealth concepts including definitions, modalities, payment, workflows, and technology.
- Understand current telehealth regulatory changes and waivers during COVID and post-COVID.
- Identify ways that Flex programs can support the telehealth needs of critical access hospitals (CAHs) and rural health clinics (RHCs) in their state.
- Understand how increased telehealth use could impact finances (revenue cycle), quality improvement (MBQIP) measures, and movement to value-based care and population health as a basic component in CAHs and RHCs.
- Understand the roles of the Telehealth Resource Centers.