Virtual Primary Care
This telehealth webinar was the third in a six-part series focused on rural telehealth topics to build state Flex Program knowledge and understanding of telehealth and the rural application. It shared examples of rural models and provide access to educational information and resources that can be disseminated to rural providers. This event was supported by the Federal Office of Rural Health Policy (FORHP) and coordinated by the Technical Assistance and Services Center (TASC), a program of the National Rural Health Resource Center.
- Elizabeth Krupinski, Southwest Telehealth Resource Center (SWTRC)
Following the webinar, participants will be able to:
- Define what virtual primary care is and what a visit looks like for a patient.
- Recall data and evidence related to the effectiveness of virtual primary care.
- Identify the opportunities and challenges of virtual primary care for rural health providers.
- Describe how COVID is affecting and may affect virtual primary care as a service line.
- Recognize new non-traditional competitors to rural hospitals using virtual health services.
- Give examples of Flex Program support for telehealth efforts in rural hospitals and clinics.