ED-1 and ED-2: Incorporating Inpatient ED Measures into MBQIP
This Medicare Beneficiary Quality Improvement Project (MBQIP) Virtual Knowledge Group (VKG) webinar provided a networking opportunity for state Flex Programs to discuss the Inpatient Emergency Department (ED) Measures (ED-1 and ED-2) newly added to MBQIP.
Learning objectives included:
- Understanding the basics of the ED-1 and ED-2 measures, including population and sampling
- Reviewing currently available critical access hospital data for ED-1 and ED-2
- Discussing suggested best practices for quality improvement for ED-1 and ED-2
Update topics included:
- Newly added antibiotic stewardship measure requirements
- National Healthcare Safety Network (NHSN) enrollment
- Upcoming changes to MBQIP Data Reports
- Upcoming technical expert panel focused on the Emergency Department Transfer Communication (EDTC) measure
MBQIP VKG webinars are intended to provide a forum for state Flex Program personnel and subcontractors to share MBQIP successes, discuss challenges and brainstorm strategies to assist hospitals toward reporting, participating, improving and excelling across the four quality domains of patient safety, outpatient care, patient engagement and care transitions. Topics for discussion are determined based on MBQIP Data Reports, technical assistance trends and requests.
This recorded event is available in the Flex Program Forum (log-in required). Flex Program Forum access is limited to those indicated on the Flex Program Forum page.