Patient and Family Engagement: HCAHPS and the Role of Flex
This Medicare Beneficiary Quality Improvement Project (MBQIP) Virtual Knowledge Group (VKG) webinar provided a networking opportunity for state Flex Programs to discuss Hospital Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems (HCAHPS) performance data and patient and family engagement.
Learning objectives include:
- Learn about how Flex Programs are setting goals with data from HCAHPS data
- Hear about the Kansas Flex Program Patient Satisfaction Learning Community project and related resources
- Hear a discussion about promising practices for HCAHPS improvement
Additional updates included:
- Electronic clinical quality measures (eCQM) pilot
- Abstracting for Accuracy project.
This recorded event is available in the Flex Program Forum (log-in required). Flex Program Forum access is limited to those indicated on the Flex Program Forum page.
MBQIP VKG webinars are intended to provide a forum for state Flex Program personnel and subcontractors to share MBQIP successes, discuss challenges and brainstorm strategies to assist hospitals toward reporting, participating, improving and excelling across the four quality domains of patient safety, outpatient care, patient engagement and care transitions. Topics for discussion are determined based on MBQIP Data Reports, technical assistance trends and requests.