2019 Flex Program Reverse Site Visit: Request for Breakout Session Proposals
The Technical Assistance and Services Center (TASC), a program of the National Rural Health Resource Center (The Center), and the Flex Program Reverse Site Visit (RSV) Planning Committee are seeking proposals for up to 15 60-minute breakout sessions at the 2019 Flex Program Reverse Site Visit, July 10-11, 2019 in Washington, DC.
The RSV Planning Committee will assist in review and selection of sessions to help develop a conference program that is balanced by content and geography; to the extent possible, presenters will come from all regions of the country. The main contact person for each proposal submitted will be notified regardless of being selected or not.
The intended audience for the Flex Program RSV is State Office of Rural Health Directors, Flex Coordinators/other key Flex personnel (two per state), the Flex Monitoring Team (FMT), Stratis Health's Rural Quality Improvement Technical Assistance (RQITA) team, TASC staff and Advisory Committee, and FORHP staff.
Conference Learning Objectives
- Learn how state Flex programs are working to build healthy rural communities
- Understand the future direction of the national Flex Program
- Identify opportunities to implement best practices and lessons learned by CAHs and state Flex Programs in supporting performance improvement in all Flex Program areas
- Strengthen the leadership of your state Flex Program in the Core Competencies for State Flex Program Excellence, including Managing the Flex Program
Breakout Session Format
- Sessions are 60-minutes and should include time for introductions and audience questions and answers
- Sessions may include PowerPoint presentations or panel discussions
- Sessions are limited to two speakers or panel members
- Sessions must directly correlate to a Core Competency for State Flex Program Excellence
Proposal Guidelines and Scoring Criteria
- Does this presentation address the conference theme, Building Healthy Rural Communities?
- Does this proposal reflect any best practices, outcomes or impact?
- Does this proposal share an innovative Flex Program Core Competency best practice?
- Will this presentation provide an engaging participant experience?
- Proposals must include state Flex Program staff and may include a sub-contractor or state partner
- Each speaker will register themselves for the conference
- Attendees are responsible for travel costs and lunch fees if desired at the RSV
- Powerpoint presentations must be submitted to TASC no later than 5/31/19. Submit no more than one presentation per breakout session. If there are multiple speakers, please combine your presentations.
- Follow the American with Disabilities Act requirements for formatting PowerPoint presentations and handouts. (Microsoft provides a guide to develop accessible PowerPoint presentations.
- Follow copyright laws and regulations for photos and content.
Submit a Proposal
Proposals are accepted only electronically. The deadline to submit a session proposal is 5:00 p.m. Central Time, Friday, February 22, 2019.
For more information, please contact: