Eligibility and Application
Eligible applicants include critical access hospitals, small rural hospitals, rural health clinics, and other healthcare organizations located in the 252 counties and parishes served by the Delta Regional Authority (DRA). Eligible organizations must be willing, able and ready to undertake a large, comprehensive project over multiple years, and fully participate in all phases and activities to meet the program purpose and eight goals. Refer to participation expectations for more information on program requirements.
Small Rural Hospitals include:
- Prospective payment system (PPS) acute care hospitals up to approximately 100 beds
- Critical Access Hospitals (CAH)
- The application process is open and rolling. There is no application deadline.
- Eligible organizations can apply by submitting applications directly to the National Rural Health Resource Center (The Center) at email@example.com or by completing DRA online application (Notice of Intent)
- Applications remain on file and eligible organizations are considered for future openings
- Following the receipt of an application, a review call is scheduled with the organization's Chief Executive Officer (CEO) to obtain additional information and share more information about purpose, goals, and participation expectations
- All eligible organizations are considered based on their need and congruence with the program services, as well as their commitment to fully participate in all phases of the program over multiple years