Tele-Monitoring of Rural Patients
This telehealth webinar was the fourth in a six-part series focused on rural telehealth topics and builds state Flex Program knowledge and understanding of telehealth and shared examples of rural models and provided access to educational information and resources that can be disseminated to rural providers. This event was supported by the Federal Office of Rural Health Policy (FORHP) and coordinated by the Technical Assistance and Services Center (TASC), a program of the National Rural Health Resource Center.
- Kathy Wibberly, Mid-Atlantic Telehealth Resource Center
- Bonnie Britton, Reconnect4Health
Following the webinar, participants will be able to:
- Explain the basic components of remote patient monitoring (RPM) services.
- Describe the value of RPM to rural patients.
- Recall data and evidence related to the effectiveness of RPM.
- Recognize the opportunities and challenges of RPM for rural health providers.
- Understand what RPM means for value-based models.
- Summarize examples of how Flex Programs can support RPM initiatives.