Telehealth Response to the Pandemic in Rural Hospitals and Clinics
This telehealth webinar was the second of a six-part series for Flex Fiscal Year 2021 focused on rural telehealth topics to build state Flex Program knowledge and understanding of the use of telehealth and the response to the pandemic in rural hospitals and clinics.
Following this webinar, participants were able to:
- Recognize how tele-intensive care (tele-ICU) works and how it’s been used to support rural hospitals during the public health emergency (PHE)
- Explain how keeping and caring for patients in their homes is beneficial to both patients and hospitals and clinics, both before and during the PHE
- Describe provider and patient satisfaction with telehealth during the PHE
- Describe how state Flex programs can support tele-ICU initiatives in CAHs and RHCs
- Summarize physician perspectives on the quality and effectiveness of telehealth
This event was supported by the Federal Office of Rural Health Policy (FORHP) and coordinated by the Technical Assistance & Services Center (TASC), a program of the National Rural Health Resource Center (The Center).