Having the ability to respond to anticipated or unfamiliar situations is critical in any healthcare setting. The challenge is understanding the structural, cultural, and relational factors that support or detract from this ability to respond and to recover. This presentation will explore how the concept of resilience supports this ability and how it relates to the goal of healthcare to support quality and safety.
Dr. Jane Pederson and Betsy Jeppesen, Stratis Health
By attending this webinar, participants will:
- Define the term resilience as it applies to healthcare
- State an example of resilience in a healthcare setting
- List two or more supports of resilience within an organization
- List two or more detractors of resilience within an organization
- Describe the relationship between factors that support resilience and common approaches to supporting quality and safety in healthcare