CHI St. Francis - Breckenridge
CHI St. Francis-Breckenridge (St. Francis) is a 25-bed critical access hospital and nursing home located in Breckenridge, Minnesota. St. Francis stands by their vision to be the health care provider of choice with innovation and partnerships that promote healthier communities.
In 2016, the hospital began participating in Rural Health Innovation’s Integrative Behavioral Health Program funded by the Minnesota Department of Health, Office of Rural Health and Primary Care.
|Target Population||5-40 year old individuals with behavioral health needs, either in crisis or not in crisis|
- Evaluate creation of a local treatment facility
- Build awareness and inspire participation
- Communication and policy changes
- Establish a resource directory
- Access more training
- Create a safe zone
- Provide cost neutral activities for youth
- Enhance marketing
- Improve care coordination across the continuum
Positive Outcome Within 12 Months
- Decreased time spent in the ED prior to transfer for inpatient services
- Pre project - 5.2 hours
- Quarter 1 - 2.82 hours
- Quarter 2 - 4.26 hours
- Quarter 3 - 5.35 hours
- Quarter 4 - 3.64 hours
- Increased awareness and utilization of mobile crisis unit to community and hospital
- Increased awareness of law enforcement about hospital's ability to stabilize versus treat behavioral health patient. This has led to quicker transport of patients to a facility where they can be treated.