First Steps and Next Steps in the Transition from Volume to Value
This is the first of a three-part webinar series on value-based health care. More information about the series appears below.
In this one-hour webinar session, we’ll look back at where we’ve been and how to put all the pieces together to successfully move the needle toward value. Exploration of why rural health care providers should be engaged in the transition to value and three (3) key areas of focus to jumpstart the transition:
- Payment incentives for providers that reward value rather than volume.
- Models of care delivery that coordinate and integrate clinical services for both patients and communities, with a focus on prevention and wellness.
- Information sharing that creates transparency on the cost and quality of care to support better decision-making by providers and consumers.
- Describe the three (3) key areas of focus of the transition to value.
- Identify the next step for participants' organizations.
- Discuss reasons rural health care providers must engage in the transition from volume to value.
Value-based health care refers to the transition from a service delivery system reimbursed on the number of individual services provided (volume), to a patient-centric approach focused on improved health, high-quality delivery of care, and decreasing the overall cost of care. This transition from volume to value is a mainstay of the current healthcare landscape. As a rural healthcare provider, you might ask yourself questions such as What does value look like in a rural health care setting? How might the transition from volume to value impact rural healthcare service delivery? Will it really make a difference in how we “do business”? What services that we currently provide might help jumpstart the transition? Join us for this three-webinar series to explore these topics and more!
Content is tailored to guide SRH and certified RHCs not currently participating in VBC to prepare for and position their organizations to be effective participants in a health system focused on value. Live HELP Webinars events are intended for qualifying SRH and certified RHCs; eligibility requirements apply to attend the event live.
Dive into the importance of the transition to value basics for rural health care providers, establishing and strengthening the foundation of their business.
Explore service lines that might positively impact the transition from volume to value and long-term organizational viability.