We are excited to announce that the SHIP TA team, in partnership with FORHP, will host a learning collaborative focused on SHIP grantee program management. An LC is a series of in-depth educational, conversational, and application sessions where attendees can build and plan for the SHIP program in their state. This LC will take place in four 2-hour blocks on Thursday afternoons beginning on March 22nd and concluding on April 13th, 2023. An optional 1:1 session with the LC subject matter expert is available for each state.
By participating in the Learning Collaborative, attendees will be able to:
- Understand the purpose, components, and uses of program management for federal grants;
- Develop an action plan for SHIP administration that supports your state SHIP work plan and hospital needs;
- Identify and strengthen SHIP processes to meet program requirements, foster hospital participation, and demonstrate the outcomes of SHIP; and
- Build confidence in knowing SHIP goals, tools for SHIP program management, and awareness of state best practices.
Meetings will be held via Zoom with LC materials and individual work shared via an External Sharepoint folder. Active participation, in all four events, during the virtual discussions is expected of all participants. To enhance participation, the LC requires registration and has a limited number of spots.
In addition to the LC sessions, our subject matter expert is available for a 1-hour Zoom session to discuss specific details of your program and action plans.
Dates and Times:
Four (4) sessions for a total of 8 hours of instruction. The Learning Collaborative will begin on March 22, 2023, and conclude on April 12, 2023. Below are the scheduled meeting times, all in Central Time:
- Wednesday, March 22, from 1:00 pm to 3:00 pm CST
- Wednesday, March 29, from 1:00 pm to 3:00 pm CST
- Wednesday, April 5, from 1:00 pm to 3:00 pm CST
- Wednesday, April 12, from 1:00 pm to 3:00 pm CST
Participation is limited to allow for conversation and your application activities. If we receive more state applications than space allows, we will reach out to gather more information and decide on participation.
We ask that all participants block their calendars for the dates and times provided (SHIP TA will send out calendar invites). Committing to and attending all four sessions is vital to providing a holistic experience and depth of application.
Active participation in discussion, group activities, action planning, and follow-up calls is required to gain full experience from the LC. Some readings, activities, and planning may need to occur outside the scheduled time and are meant to enhance our time together. We don't anticipate this extra time to exceed 1-2 hours per week, which should be performed during working hours.
States that participate need to schedule a 3-month and 6-month Recommendation and Adoption Process (RAP) call with Matt from the SHIP TA team. These calls are to discuss how you have been able to apply material learned during the LC. They usually last less than 30 minutes. The intention is to gather feedback, encourage, and answer questions.
There is no cost to participate in this event.
For more information, please contact: Caroline Bell at email@example.com