Flex Program Fundamentals: An Introduction to the Medicare Rural Hospital Flexibility Program is designed to be used by both new and current Flex Program staff as an orientation manual and as a guide to helpful resources.
The guide includes:
- A summary of the history and focus areas of the Medicare Rural Hospital Flexibility (Flex) Program, and the core competencies for state Flex Programs.
- An explanation of the role played by the Federal Office of Rural Health Policy (FORHP) in the Flex Program.
- A description of the work of the Technical Assistance and Services Center (TASC).
- An overview of the Flex Monitoring Team (FMT) and the research its staff conduct.
- A description of the work of the Rural Quality Improvement Technical Assistance (RQITA) staff.
- A listing of relevant Flex Coordinator resources.