Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act SHIP Funding
Health Resources and Services Administration's (HRSA) Federal Office of Rural Health Policy (FORHP) received funding through the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act. HRSA will use CARES funding to assist hospitals that are eligible to be funded through the Small Rural Hospital Improvement Program (SHIP). One-time funding will provide support to hospitals to prevent, prepare for, and respond to the coronavirus-related (COVID-19) public health emergency. This includes:
- Ensuring hospitals are safe for staff and patients;
- Detecting, preventing, diagnosing, and treating COVID-19; and
- Maintaining hospital operations.
Grant Management and Guidance
FY 2020 Coronavirus SHIP: Budget and Financial Management Technical Assistance Webinar Recording (Adobe Flash)
Hospital Tools and Resources
Reporting Templates and Forms
- Use these instructions for all quarterly reporting in the period of performance: 4/1/20 – 9/30/21.
- Use this template for all quarterly reporting in the period of performance: 4/1/20 – 9/30/21.
Minor Alteration/Renovation (A/R) Reporting and Documentation Requirements
SHIP COVID-19 funding may be used for Minor Alteration/Renovation (A/R) activities if the activity is essential to support hospitals to prevent, prepare for, and respond to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) public health emergency. See the
State Offices of Rural Health (SORHs) are required to report hospitals' minor A/R activities on Quarterly Progress Reports and the attached following documentation requirements on EHB:
- Project Implementation Certification & Itemized Budget for Minor Alteration/Renovation (A/R) Activities
- Project Completion Certification for Minor Alteration/Renovation Activities
Please note either the PDF version or the Microsoft Word version can be completed and turned into EHB.