The purpose of the Telehealth Assessment is to identify strategies and develop tactics that outline opportunities for performance improvement in the organizations’ provisions of telehealth services.
The areas addressed in each telehealth assessment consist of:
- Opportunities for the organization to integrate telehealth resources to fill gaps in clinical services and better coordinate local services that meet community needs
- Recommend appropriate broadband services and appropriate equipment for the organization to integrate telehealth services
- Assess current state of transition of care including telehealth applications/interfaces
- Identify operational and cultural challenges to the utilization of telehealth
- Provide recommendations that direct the implementation process to include clear action items for the organization to operationalize telehealth services
- Provide recommendations that guide the organization in developing partnerships and affiliations for supporting distance telemedicine needs in a sustainable and meaningful way
All facilities will be reassessed in year 3 of the program to evaluate successes and ongoing performance improvement opportunities.
The purpose of the Delta Region Community Health Systems Development (DRCHSD) Program is to make in-depth health system enhancements.
DRCHSD Telehealth Program goals:
- Implement quality improvements that support an evidenced-based culture for improved health outcomes
- Increase use of telemedicine to fill service gaps and access to care
- Ensure access to and availability of Emergency Medical Services
- Strengthen the local health care delivery system to position for population health