The Telehealth assessment provides services to participating hospitals and/or clinics to assess the organization's knowledge of, and capability to support and provide, telehealth services. The areas of the assessment addressed consist of:
- Identify opportunities for the organization to integrate telehealth and HIT resources to fill gaps in clinical services to include emergency medicine and other specialty services, and better coordinate local services that meet community needs;
- Recommend appropriate broadband services and appropriate equipment for the organization to provide and integrate telehealth services, as well as to support future specialty services;
- Consider the appropriate interfaces that could be established with medical providers to allow for seamless transitions of care, if determined appropriate;
- Identify operational and cultural challenges to the utilization of telehealth services and provide recommendations for overcoming the barriers to support the implementation process;
- Provide recommendations that direct the implementation process to include clear action items for the organization to operationalize telehealth services;
- Provide recommendations that guide the organization in developing partnerships and affiliations for supporting distance telemedicine needs in a sustainable and meaningful way;
- Provide recommendations on how the organization can maximize reimbursement, reduce operational costs, improve quality of care through the adoption of telehealth services;
- Provide recommendations that guide leadership and The Center on telehealth best practices that supports and sustains the development of community care coordination plan to further position the organization for population health of the future
- Provide recommendations on tracking measures to monitor development, implementation progress, and performance improvement, if applicable.
The attachments will provide a thorough overview of the Telehealth assessment visit and the time commitment expected for this part of the DRCHSD Program.