Swing Bed Campaign
The “Between Healing and Home” creative concept speaks of the additional recovery time that swing bed/transitional care services provide patients and, even though it’s an extra step, the additional care can actually make recovery time faster. By providing patients with the tools they need to live independently, they return home safely, successfully—and with a reduced risk of relapsing. “Shortening the distance” also has a double meaning and speaks to the patient’s choice to rehab at a facility nearer to their home, even if their care was done at a neighboring healthcare system. This choice to recover closer to home is beneficial and convenient for both patients and their families.
- Educate healthcare consumers about the swing bed program (what it is, and what a stay in the program looks like).
- Empower healthcare consumers with the knowledge that they can choose to recover in their local swing bed program.
- Grow the number of referrals to the transitional care program.
- Current Patients (men and women, ages 65+)
- This audience includes patients who are receiving acute-hospital care already there. The transitional care program can be a more convenient and cost-effective recovery option.
- Prospective Patients (men and women, ages 65+)
- This audience has procedures at other hospitals/larger medical centers and might think they need to stay there for post-operative care.
- Physicians/Discharge Planners
- These individuals are in charge of referring patients for follow-up care. Physicians and discharge planners share options as to where patients could receive post-surgery or illness care, and what type of care they need.
Software Requirements for Template Customization:
Adobe Acrobat Pro should be used to add your organization’s logo and customized text to the file. The toolkit tactics have been built using the Forms functionality in Adobe Acrobat Pro to offer customization of the PDF templates. The Edit Forms feature of Acrobat should meet most or all of your customization needs. However, if you need to make additional changes, we recommend you refer to Adobe’s documentation. Helvetica Neue, Light is the selected font used in the template designs. Acrobat should retain this font when customizing your files.
How to Edit a PDF Template
- Open Adobe Acrobat Pro.
- In the top navigation, select File > Open …
- Select your PDF toolkit template file from the document window.
- When your file opens, select "Edit PDF" in the right-hand toolbar.
- To edit text, first place your cursor on the text you'd like to edit.
- Edit your text using the "Format" options at the top of the right-hand toolbar.
- To edit images or an organization’s identity, first place your cursor on the image you'd like to edit.
- Modify your image using the "Objects" options below the text options from Step 6.
- Once complete, resave your file as a PDF.
Microsoft Word is required for customization of radio scripts, social media posts, website landing pages and internal education materials.