CAH Blueprint for Performance Excellence
Small rural hospitals face the challenge of being successful in their current payment systems, while preparing for new value-based payment systems that are being rolled out in various forms across the country. Complexity and change are best managed by using a comprehensive systems-based framework, including a balanced set of key strategies, initiatives, targets and measures. These systems frameworks are currently being used by many successful rural hospitals to achieve clinical, operational and financial excellence.
This Blueprint is intended to be a tool for rural hospital leaders to implement a comprehensive systems approach to achieving organizational excellence, and contains:
- An outline of key inter-linked components of the Baldrige Framework
- Critical success factors relevant to small rural hospitals
- Challenges and strategies
- Comments reflecting the Summit discussion
- Information on background, survey results, need for organizational frameworks, applications to new value-based health care models and suggestions for dissemination