Purpose and Requirements
Approved Implementation Technical Assistance (ITA) projects assist leaders and providers at Delta Region Community Health Systems (DRCHSD) Program participating facilities with implementing best practice recommendations, value-based care strategies, and evidence-based care models prioritized in action plans. ITA services must directly support action plans for the following program-sponsored activities:
- Financial and operational improvement projects
- Quality improvement projects
- Community care coordination and community engagement
- Telehealth and virtual care services
- Workforce and leadership development
- Promotion and outreach
ITA services must align with DRCHSD Program purpose and goals to:
- Improve financial position and increase operational efficiencies.
- Implement quality improvements that support an evidenced-based culture for improved health outcomes.
- Address workforce recruitment and retention needs.
- Increase use of telemedicine to fill service gaps and access to care.
- Ensure access to and availability of emergency medical services.
- Integrate social services to address socio-economic challenges.
- Enhance coordination of care and develop a community care coordination plan.
- Strengthen the local health care delivery system to position it for population health.
Requests and Approval of ITA Projects
ITA projects are sponsored in Years 1, 2, or 3 of the DRCHSD Program’s three-year participation cycle. ITA projects are considered on a case-by-case basis to support leaders with implementing action items. Organization CEOs should submit requests directly to the DRCHSD Program for consideration via the link below. Requests are reviewed by program staff to determine appropriateness — to ensure projects meet the program’s goals and the intended purpose of ITA services.
ITA Planning and Development
Once approved, leaders will work with DRCHSD Program staff to complete the following steps to initiate projects. (Note: The first three steps must be completed to ensure the project will be sponsored.)
- Hold a preplanning call.
- Develop the scope of work and timeline for the project.
- Develop a workplan, schedule dates, and submit data requests, if required.
- Work with DRCHSD Program staff and consultants to finalize the project and develop an action plan.
- Track and monitor the project following completion and report its service impact to DRCHSD Program staff.
If the organization is unable to fulfill project requirements within the specified workplan timelines, ITA services may be withdrawn.