Delta Region Community Health Systems Development Program
With the support of the Delta Regional Authority (DRA) and the Health Resources Services Administration’s Federal Office of Rural Health Policy (FORHP), the National Rural Health Resource Center provides selected rural Delta hospitals, clinics and their communities with technical assistance through the Delta Region Community Health Systems Development (DRCHSD) Program. The purpose of the DRCHSD Program is to assist leaders and providers in identifying and addressing health care needs while strengthening the local health care system.
Selected hospitals, clinics and their communities receive technical assistance to make in-depth health system enhancements over multiple years with the goal to:
- Improve financial position and increase operational efficiencies
- Implement quality improvements that support an evidenced-based culture for improved health outcomes
- Address workforce recruitment and retention needs
- Increase use of telemedicine to fill service gaps and access to care
- Ensure access to and availability of Emergency Medical Services
- Integrate social services to address socio-economic challenges
- Enhance coordination of care and develop a community care coordination plan
- Strengthen the local health care delivery system to position for population health
For more information, contact Sally Buck at (218) 216-7025 or firstname.lastname@example.org.